20/20 Vision

Monday, August 15, 2005

Colonial Gardens

I love where I live. I lived for 13 years in my own home and have fond memories of living at the end of a country lane within one minute of a modern shopping district. I had an acre of land and a garden. Visitors often marvelled at how peaceful and quiet it was there. The house was not without its headaches though. When the roof got bad I had to put on a roof. When the furnace died I had to replace it. It was the same with the water heater. In the summer I could stand on the back porch and watch the grass grow. Cutting the grass was often a two day job. Now I sit on my balcony and watch the maintenance guys cut the grass. My apartment sits next to a beautiful county park which gives me one of the largest back yards ever and I never have to cut the grass. Whenever I have a leaky faucet I just call the manager and she sends a guy over. The apartment complex is five buildings sitting in an open box formation with the open end facing the county park. There is a court yard in the middle with a swimming pool. It reminds me of a college campus. We also have a laundrey. I live within walking distance of work. On top of all of this, the apartments are very affordable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home