20/20 Vision

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Stealth Van

I found the coolest website called "Van Dwellers" http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VanDwellers/messages/1801?viscount=100
while surfing the net. It's a group of people who live in their vans whether for pleasure or necessity. They share tips on survival like where to buy a high volume spray bottle for sponge baths or how to make your vehicle blend in so as not to be discovered by local authorites.

I've entertained thoughts of living on the road at various times in my life. I even tried over the road trucking for a short stint but that wasn't enjoyable at all. I did see the western portion of the United States though and would love to one day wander that way again at leisure this time.

I bought a Dodge Ram Van when I sold my house and even had it outfitted with caging since it was to be used for hauling band equipment. It looks just like a county van with it's Hunter Green color and the caging. It would work perfect as a "stealth" vehicle. I could probably have "Jones Electric" or something painted on the side and put a flashing yellow light on top and park it and sleep anywhere in the country without arousing suspicion. Just some guy somewhere doing an emergency electric repair.

Just having the van gives me a feeling of security knowing that it's there if I need it to survive. It gives me a sense of freedom and freedom is one of my favorite things. That's why the Dodge Van is on my list of "favorite things".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home